Monday 22 February 2010

Thinking of Madeira...




I was so sad to hear the news over the weekend that Madeira had suffered terrible flooding and mudslides, with devastating results - at last count 42 people have died, with the death toll expected to rise....one of the worst affected areas was the capital Funchal - I spent a lovely holiday here back in 2006; such a beautiful island with so much lush vegetation and colour; it's so sad to see the images on the news of the devastated town. My heart really goes out to all the families and people affected over there.



- looking over the capital, Funchal





...this picture was taken from the seafront, near to our hotel, looking back up towards the mountains. I think this was possibly one of the worst hit areas.

I hope they can get all the help they need to restore this beautiful town once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to hear from you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails